Road authorities and iRAP partners in Europe came over the past two days in Windsor, UK to share best practice and strategies for achieving ambitious national, European and global road safety targets.
The 2-day event, co-hosted by iRAP and United Kingdom RAP led by the Road Safety Foundation (RSF), focussed on the management, prioritisation, design and finance of safe road infrastructure improvements in both a rural and urban context.
At the event dinner, iRAP launched a special video celebrating the evolution of iRAP in Europe, how far we have come and our path forward. You can watch the video below.
The program also covered long-term funding strategies, and ongoing contributions to sustainable transport and public health.
- Welcome and scene setting – Suzy Charman, Executive Director of the Road Safety Foundation (RSF)
- Safe and sustainable urban mobility – Chair: Monica Olyslagers (iRAP)
- Star Rating for Schools – Tatiana Mihailova (Automobile club Moldova)
- YEA!, pedestrian model and CycleRAP – Shanna Lucchesi (iRAP)
- Projects PHOEBE and ELABORATOR – Andréia Lopes Azevedo (POLIS)
- Urban measures – Kate Fuller (RSF)
- Active mobility – David Fernandez (RACE)
- National road authority panel – using iRAP to inform, prioritise and develop effective programmes – Chair: Suzy Charman (RSF)
- Matt Staton (National Highways – England)
- Angela Byrne (Welsh Government)
- Slavisa Babic (Croatian Roads)
- David Sutton (Transport Malta)
- Financing safer roads – Chair: Samar Abouraad (iRAP) – with Panel: Brendan Halleman (EIB), Debbie Cousins (EBRD), Serghei Diaconu (Prime Minister’s Office, Moldova), Steve Phillips (CEDR), Ferry Smith (iRAP)
- News from around the table – Chair: Samar Abouraad (iRAP) – Updates from partners
- New developments – Chair: Kate Fuller (RSF)
- iRAP developments and horizon gazing – Monica Olysagers (iRAP)
- New tools (SR4D and route review) – Marko Sevrovic (EIRA/FPZ)
- iRAP in the planning process – Sarah Taylor (Royal Haskoning)
- Using iRAP for route review – Chair: Monica Olyslagers (iRAP)
- The route review process – Suzy Charman (RSF)
- Use case: Safer Roads Fund – Ian Henderson and Matthew Elliston (Essex Highways)
- Use case: National Highways – Chris Furneaux (Arup) and Dan Trump (Jacobs)
- Route review tool updates – Suzy Charman (RSF)
- Crash risk mapping technical session (Agilysis)
- Route Review Technical session (RSF)
Road authorities and iRAP partners in Europe (Windsor, 2023)
RAP in Europe meeting begins with a full house (Day 1).
Safe and sustainable urban mobility session (Day 1).
Financing safer roads panel discussion (Day 1).
Matt Staton, National Highways England presenting on Star Rating importance on their network (Day 1).
Slavisa Babic from Croatian Roads discussing iRAP projects (Day 1).
RAP in Kazakhstan (Day 2).
Marko Sevrovic presenting on what Croatia have achieved (Day 2).
Monica Olyslagers discussing iRAP’s new developments (Day 2).
Suzy Charman explains the new developments in with the Route Review Tool (Day 2).