Sunday 15 November 2020 marks 25 years of global observance and 15 years since the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims was recognised by the UN. EuroRAP is proud to support #WDoR2020.
The objectives of WDoR 2020 are to provide a platform for road traffic victims and their families to:
- remember all people killed and seriously injured on the roads;
- acknowledge the crucial work of the emergency services;
- draw attention to the generally trivial legal response to culpable road deaths and injuries;
- advocate for better support for road traffic victims and victim families;
- promote evidence-based actions to prevent and eventually stop further road traffic deaths and injuries.
EuroRAP/iRAP have a number of resources available to support the next decade of action, including:
- Ten-Step Plan for Safer Road Infrastructure (document and webinar resources)
- iRAP Star Ratings of NACTO-GDCI’s Global Street Design Guide
- Global infrastructure KPIs support Action Plans to achieve 2nd Decade Goals
- Vaccines for Roads – iRAP’s Big Data Tool
- iRAP Training opportunities
As with every year, we pause this #WDoR2020 to #RememberSupportAct for #3StarorBetter roads that protect and saves lives